Wednesday, September 17, 2008
FOOTBALL.BIRTHDAY.CAMPING.
Ben started flag football (he can't play tackle until he is 8) He likes football, but would be much happier if he was on Mitch and Nick's team. He got to play quarterback and scored a touchdown.

On September 11th Ben turned 7. He requested corndogs, fruit, and orange floats for dinner. He also wanted a lemon cake. I forgot the candles. He was SO mad. I found these sticks, which he was happy with, until they wouldn't stay lit. I felt bad. He went to bed and prayed that I wouldn't forget the candles next time. (ouch)

Ben also wanted to go camping and fishing. We headed up to the Uintas on Saturday afternoon. A friend of Jeffs had told him about a place that was great for camping and fishing. We finally got there sometime after 6 pm. We got to our turn off and ran into this......
We headed down a few different roads and ran into the same thing. We were driving back down and found some campsites, but drove through and found they were all full. We were giving up thinking that after trying to get there all day, that we were going to have to turn around and go home. (First no candles, now no camping or fishing) Just as we were pulling out we thought it looked like the people there were packing up. They were! Things don't usually work out like that for me. I was so happy about it because I think Ben may have lost it. I wouldn't have blamed him. He shouldn't be punished because his parents are poor planners. We were able to get the tent set up and the beds made before dark. We had hotdogs and smores for dinner. At 9:30 the kids were begging us to go to bed because they were freezing. We went to bed and pretty much froze ALL night. The next morning Ben got up and for the next couple of hours repeated over and over again that he wanted to go fishing. I finally got the fire going and ready to cook breakfast, ate, cleaned up, and headed for the lake. It turns out Ben didn't want to go fishing. He wanted to CATCH a fish AND eat it. No such luck. They got a few bites, but no fish. So disappointment once again. He did have some fun, but things just didn't go as he expected them to. We are going to have a family party for him, so hopefully I can make it up to him.








I forgot Will's socks. He borrowed Nick's. They worked as leg warmers too. He is such a good baby. He was just happy to be there hanging out with us.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
(What is with the huge blank space?)
Happy Birthday Ben!
Post a Comment